THE FRISBY PAGE - Genealogy and more
Hi! You've reached the Frisby page. The reason I set up this page was to focus on a genealogy search I'm doing for the names FRISBY, GREWCOCK, CHARTERS and WHETSTONE of Leicestershire, England. But my other interests include gardening, creative writing, reading and teaching and tutoring ESL, so I've also included links for these subjects. I'll wait for your feedback at email@example.com. Happy browsing!
For FRISBY genealogy click here
For GREWCOCK genealogy click here
For a view into my garden click hereFor professionally-assisted research on FRISBY and TIMMS and for contact information for my genealogical researcher, click here
For other links, keep scrolling.
My Snazzy List of Genealogy Links
- Ancestry World Tree
- Helps locate ancestry quickly, but has a limited data base
- Cyndi's List of Genealogy Sites
- Very complete list with lots of links
- Family Tree Maker Online: Genealogy How-To
- Family Genealogy On-Line
- Andrew Tratz's site provides links to other families, particular ethnicities and geographical sites, and other resources.
- GenConnect: Connecting Families Through Genealogy
- Genuki Home Page
- Invaluable for searches in the British Isles
- Guild of One-Name Studies
- The Guys of Bottesford, Leicestershire and Associated Families
- Excellent site with interesting links
- Leicester and Rutland Family History Society
- Relatively Speaking
- Fine site with lots of interesting links but takes a loooong time to download! Start downloading, then go and mow the lawn - but worth it - AND you'll have the lawn mowed!
- Roots Web Genealogical Data Cooperative
- Very useful, as it covers most areas of the world.
- WorldGenWeb - Table of Contents
- Cyndi's Genealogy Home Page Construction Kit
- A great way to get started, and useful for building any home page.
- International Internet Genealogical Society
- Yahoo's Links to Genealogy sites
- A mind-boggling list of links for all levels and interests
- HIGGINSON BOOKS
- Look for "Frisbee-Frisbie" by Edward S. Frisbye D.D.
- Family Tree Climbers
- A very friendly site with good potential. The more input they receive, the better the site will be.
- Steeljam Genealogy
- A great site for folks investigating English genealogy. Connections to parish registry offices, maps of English counties, and much more. Definitely worth a good browse.
- The Moneymaker Family Tree
- Don't be deceived....even if you have no "Moneymaker" relatives, this site has an awesome series of connections and information. It's very viewer friendly and displays a very "human" aspect.
- The Wells Genealogy Page
- Stephen has a good list of links for those researching genealogy in the U.K.
Useful Links for Creative Writers and ESL tutors
- Inkspot: Writing resources, newsletter for writers
- The newletter concentrates mainly on articles of interest to free-lancers, although there's often something of interest to fiction writers as well.
- Novel Advice - Devoted totally to the craft of writing
- The Internet Writing Journal - Writers Write
- Garbl's Writing Resources On Line
- "...an annotated directory of many useful web sites focusing on English language, grammar, style, writing, usage, words, reference sources, word play ...."
- Dave's ESL Cafe
- An ESL teacher and/or tutor's dream site. Lots of variety.
- The Learning Center of Vanier College, St-Laurent, Quebec, Canada
- I've added this link partly because this is where I tutor, and partly because it's a site set up and maintained by students, and is, I think, a good example of a Learning Centre site.
- A few examples of my autobiographical anecdotes which concern family and my travels (the latter can be accessed directly from the next link)......
- Tales from India and Pakistan